Chassis System Dedicated Bus Sensor 1 Malfunction
The yaw rate, lateral and longitudinal accelerometers are combined into one combination sensor external to the electronic brake control module (EBCM). The combination sensor receives ignition power and a ground that is separate from the EBCM. The combination sensor sends dedicated serial data messages to the EBCM regarding vehicle yaw rate, lateral and longitudinal acceleration.
Conditions for Running the DTC
The ignition is ON.
Conditions for Setting the DTC
• Ignition voltage to the yaw/lateral combination sensor is less than 9.5 volts.
• Communication is lost between the EBCM and the combination sensor.
Action Taken When the DTC Sets
• The EBCM disables the Antilock Brake System (ABS)/Traction Control System (TCS)/Vehicle Stability Enhancement System (VSES) for the duration of the ignition cycle.
• The ABS indicator turns ON.
• The driver information center (DIC) displays the ABS FAULT message.
• The Stability Caution indicator turns on.
2007 BRAKES Antilock Brake System - H3
• The DIC displays the SERVICE STAB SYS message.
• The DIC displays the TRACTION FAILED message.
Conditions for Clearing the DTC
• The condition for the DTC is no longer present and the DTC is cleared with a scan tool.
• The EBCM automatically clears the history DTC when a current DTC is not detected in 100 consecutive drive cycles.
Reference Information Schematic Reference
Antilock Brake System Schematics
Connector End View Reference
Antilock Brake System Connector End Views
Description and Operation
ABS Description and Operation
Electrical Information Reference
• Circuit Testing
• Connector Repairs
• Testing for Intermittent Conditions and Poor Connections
• Wiring Repairs
Scan Tool Reference
• Scan Tool Data List
• Scan Tool Data Definitions
Verify that the following DTCs are not set: C0186 or C0196.
• If any of the DTCs are set, refer to Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) List - Vehicle.