J 36850 Transjel Lubricant
Fig. 272: View Of Reaction Carrier/Support Thrust Bearing Assembly Courtesy of GENERAL MOTORS CORP.
1. Install the reaction gear support to case bearing (692) onto the internal reaction gear support (685). Retain the bearing using J 36850 or equivalent.
2. Install the internal reaction gear (684) and the internal reaction gear support (685) into the case.
3. Install the reaction carrier/support thrust bearing assembly (683) into the internal reaction gear support (685). Retain bearing with J 36850 .
Fig. 273: Identifying Reaction Carrier Assembly Courtesy of GENERAL MOTORS CORP.
4. Install the reaction carrier assembly (681) into the internal reaction gear. LOW AND REVERSE CLUTCH SPACER PLATE SELECTION Tools Required
• J 8001 Dial Indicator Set
• J 26900-13 Magnetic Indicator Base
Fig. 274: Locating Inspection Areas On Low And Reverse Clutch Plates Courtesy of GENERAL MOTORS CORP.
Composition material heat damage Composition material delamination Steel plates heat damage Steel plates surface finish damage
Fig. 275: View Of Low And Reverse Clutch Plate Assembly Courtesy of GENERAL MOTORS CORP.
1. One waved plate (682A)
2. Five fiber plate assemblies (682C) and four steel plates (682D), starting with one fiber plate assembly and alternating with steel
3. Low and reverse clutch support (679)
Fig. 276: Measuring Clutch Pack Height With J 8001 Courtesy of GENERAL MOTORS CORP.
3. Using the J 8001 (1) and the J 26900-13 (2), measure the height of the clutch pack from the work surface to the top of the low and reverse clutch support (679).
4. Refer to Low and Reverse Clutch Spacer Plate Selection in order to select the proper
thickness of the low and reverse clutch selective spacer plate (682B).
Fig. 277: View Of Clutch Pack Courtesy of GENERAL MOTORS CORP.
5. Install the proper selective spacer plate (682B) between the wave plate (682A) and the first fiber plate assembly (682C), with the identification side up.
The overall height for the clutch pack including the selective spacer plate should be 29.2329.90 mm (1.15-1.18 in).
LOW AND REVERSE CLUTCH PLATE INSTALLATION
Fig. 278: Illustrating Steel Plate Spline Alignment Courtesy of GENERAL MOTORS CORP.
1. Install the waved plate.
2. Install the correct selective spacer plate (from the selection procedure).
3. Install the five fiber plate assemblies and four steel plates, starting with one fiber plate
assembly and alternating with steel.
4. Index the steel plate splines in the case as shown.